- the Falcons missed 2 PAT’s;
- the Falcons’ final score was an odd, composite number; and
- the Falcons outscored the Bears by 18 points.
- What was the number of points scored by the unhappy Bears?
- What is the fewest number of scoring plays that the Bears could have made to achieve their point total?
If you wish to send me your answers and proof of solution, you can email me at either of these two addresses:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Perhaps you aren’t sure about the value of the extra point in the story. Modern football has the 2-point option of running or passing the ball over the goal line. Just remember: this game was played in Bedrock times before the rules were changed. So a PAT is only worth 1 point.
Also, you may have wondered why the football is sometimes jokingly referred to as a “pigskin”. Well, as a service to WTM readers, we present here a picture of the ball used in the game of this story. Now you know!